I thought you might like to see what I'm working on today. It's a self-indulgent day (I say as I'm eating Canada's closest thing to white and pink animal crackers). I'm a bit shy when it comes to asking other people if I can paint them. So far I've painted a homeless guy, a guy in a super market, my husband and now me. I think the worst part of it has been getting a suitable picture of myself. In the original picture my hair is covering half my face so I've had a rough go of making up what my other eye looks like. I've also given myself too much hair, but this is just the first day. Anyways, I'm stalling. Here it is:
Don't forget the Painting Contest is only on for a few more days so check out the guidelines below and feel free to submit your comments on to any blog post.
Again, here are the guidelines and rules:
1) In the comment box tell me in 10 words or fewer what you would like to see incorporated into a painting. An example would be: girl, big red hair, birds, broken bird cage, fireflies, blue (except I've already painted that so you need to give me something new)
2) You have until September 1, 2010 7pm my time (so...Pacific?) to enter your ideas.
3) You may only enter ONCE, so make it good.
4) Your entry can not include a celebrity or real person of any kind. It can be inspired by them, but not of them. Check out my portfolio to see what I've done and the type of images I am keen on.
5) Entries can not be vulgar or illegal or rude or insulting. Nobody will be your friend.
6) Make it interesting, blow my mind. I love obscure and strangely mixed imagery. The more creative, the better. I will use my interpretation of your words to create the painting.
7) The winner will receive immortal glory upon my website as well as a signed print of the work. I, the artist, retain the rights of the work. The winner also has a mention (and their website/blog if they'd like) with the painting, the winner may also help me name the painting (unless they don't want to, but...I think they will want to), and, as mentioned above, 1/3 of the amount the painting is sold for will be going to SOS Children's Villages Canada.
8) ANYONE CAN ENTER!
The winner will be announced on Sept. 4, 2010 so keep coming back and checking out what has been entered. The completion date of the painting will coincide with the launch of the website which will be announced at a later date.
Good luck to everyone!
Painting is fun,