No, you don't have to paint, but you can be part of the action. As some of you may know I am working on a new design for my website. To celebrate the launch of my new website I want to have some stellar work on the site. Where do you come in? I want you to collaborate with me on a new painting. Here are the guidelines and rules:
1) In the comment box tell me in 10 words or fewer what you would like to see incorporated into a painting. An example would be: girl, big red hair, birds, broken bird cage, fireflies, blue (except I've already painted that so you need to give me something new)
2) You have until September 1, 2010 7pm my time (so...Pacific?) to enter your ideas.
3) You may only enter ONCE, so make it good.
4) Your entry can not include a celebrity or real person of any kind. It can be inspired by them, but not of them. Check out my portfolio to see what I've done and the type of images I am keen on.
5) Entries can not be vulgar or illegal or rude or insulting. Nobody will be your friend.
6) Make it interesting, blow my mind. I love obscure and strangely mixed imagery. The more creative, the better. I will use my interpretation of your words to create the painting.
7) The winner will receive immortal glory upon my website as well as a signed print of the work. I, the artist, retain the rights of the work.
8) ANYONE CAN ENTER!
The winner will be announced on Sept. 4, 2010 so keep coming back and checking out what has been entered. The completion date of the painting will coincide with the launch of the website which will be announced at a later date.
Good luck to everyone!