I'd like to thank and introduce SOS Children's Villages Canada as the charity that will be receiving the donation when this contest is done and the painting is sold. I am so excited be able to help out SOS which is a stunning organization. You can learn about what they do here. You can donate here. I'd also like to mention that you can leave your entry as a blog comment here as well as under any blog post. I will receive all entries regardless of which post they are commented under.
SOS Children's Villages is an independent, non-governmental social development organization, which has been active in the field of children's needs, concerns and rights since 1949. Its activities focus on neglected and abandoned children and orphans, as well as disadvantaged families.
If you feel you'd like to try again now that I've upped the amazing prize, I will allow you to enter a new submission. I'd also like to tell you all how exceptionally creative you are and I fall in love with each one of your suggestions. I am so pleased and humbled by your imaginative wonder.
Again, here are the guidelines and rules:
1) In the comment box tell me in 10 words or fewer what you would like to see incorporated into a painting. An example would be: girl, big red hair, birds, broken bird cage, fireflies, blue (except I've already painted that so you need to give me something new)
2) *Update - You have until September 4, 2010 12pm my time (so...Pacific?) to enter your ideas.
3) You may only enter ONCE, so make it good.
4) Your entry can not include a celebrity or real person of any kind. It can be inspired by them, but not of them. Check out my portfolio to see what I've done and the type of images I am keen on.
5) Entries can not be vulgar or illegal or rude or insulting. Nobody will be your friend.
6) Make it interesting, blow my mind. I love obscure and strangely mixed imagery. The more creative, the better. I will use my interpretation of your words to create the painting.
7) The winner will receive immortal glory upon my website as well as a signed print of the work. I, the artist, retain the rights of the work. The winner also has a mention (and their website/blog if they'd like) with the painting, the winner may also help me name the painting (unless they don't want to, but...I think they will want to), and, as mentioned above, 1/3 of the amount the painting is sold for will be going to SOS Children's Villages Canada.
8) ANYONE CAN ENTER!
The winner will be announced on Sept. 4, 2010 so keep coming back and checking out what has been entered. The completion date of the painting will coincide with the launch of the website which will be announced at a later date.
Good luck to everyone!